Food allergy prevention project - Resources
The following resources have been developed as part of the National Allergy Strategy Food Allergy Prevention Project and are designed to provide advice on when and how to introduce the common allergy causing foods to help prevent food allergy developing. These resources have been developed with funding from the Australian Government Department of Health.
Nip allergies in the Bub website
The Nip allergies in the Bub website contains a range of resources including:
- Practical information about how and when to introduce the common allergy causing foods including food ideas and recipes.
- Information about how to recognise an allergic reaction and what to do if an allergic reaction occurs.
- Practical information about how to optimise eczema management to help prevent food allergy.
- Eczema videos and infographics to help parents manage their baby’s eczema.
- A frequently asked questions section.
For health professionals:
- A health professional section including online training, podcasts, clinical updates and guides.
- Resources to provide to your patients, including free bookmarks.
Short animations and videos
These fun 15 second animations promote messages about infant feeding and eczema.
Nip allergies in the Bub Infant Feeding
Nip Allergies in the Bub - Infant Feeding twice a week
Nip allergies in the Bub - Managing your Baby's Eczema
The How to introduce the common allergy causing foods video is a short video which provides information about the signs of readiness and how to introduce the common allergy causing foods including different stages of eating development.
Food ideas and recipes
Food ideas are available for babies of different ages and stages of eating development. They explain how to incorporate the common food allergens into first foods through to toddler and family meals.
Recipe booklets are also available. There are two booklets, one booklet contains recipe ideas including all of the common food allergens and are grouped together by stages of development (e.g. first foods, mash foods). The second booklet has a focus on introducing tree nuts and includes recipes with a variety of textures.
For more information visit the Nip allergies in the Bub website:
Infographics to help parents manage eczema are available for free download. They include:
- How to use wet dressings
- How to use bleach baths
- How to use tubular dressings
- Top tips for managing eczema
A series of short videos have been created to help parents manage their baby’s eczema. These include:
- How to apply moisturisers
- How to apply topical steroids
- How to use wet dressings
- How to do a bleach bath
Nip allergies in the Bub bookmarks
FREE Nip allergies in the Bub bookmarks can be ordered by health professionals for patients from the Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia website: https://allergyfacts.org.au/shop/nasr
Content updated March 2021